It seems like an eternity but the Teutogen guard is finally done! It is incredible that this joint project took 2 years to see the light.
The genesis of the project can be seen HERE.
If you want to see more work in progress process you can see it HERE.
How the project started:
The project started as a way of sharing the love for the hobby with a very good friend. I started the concept, came about with a colour scheme, painted a couple of models with him to coach him into improving his miniature painting and in the meantime having an awesome time.
In the picture below you will see arrows pointing at the figures I painted for him to act as a reference.
The standard bearer, the high priest of Ulric Emil Valgeir and one rank and file teutogen guard were fully painted by me as they were the most complex pieces and would be the miniatures drawing the most attention. As a get together painting day, I showed him how I paint faces -you can see the sample face at the right of the picture.
Once he had the references he would be flying!
Something I didn't envisioned is that the project would take this long to see the day of light , 2 years!
On the other hand, my friend has done a fantastic job and he has improved his miniature painting a great deal. I can say with confidence that this project saw him levelling up as painter.
If you are reading me: WELL DONE!!! I hope you keep the momentum going 😊
We had so much fun having this joint project done that we are now going to develop another one, this time a Vampire Counts unit !